Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Teething bites...

Yep, the pun was intended. Just a few thoughts on teething for all my blogging mom friends. I'd love to hear any amazing remedies.

*First of all, teething of any sort should be outlawed during harvest. It's just not fair that Doug has to miss out on all this fun.

*Why in the world does teething have to come with fever and diaper rash? Isn't aching teeth enough?

*Boston was crying from his teeth hurting until he started chewing on my house slipper... while I was wearing it. Did I stop him? No way.

*On the bright side of things, the more teeth he gets now, the less he'll have to get later right?

*Current tooth count: 8, working on 2 more. I think he's trying to hit double digits before his birthday. He told me he doesn't want birthday cake for his birthday, he wants steak.

5 comments:

Heather Sellers said...

Oh man Laura! That is not fun at all! Eleanor only has 8 teeth, I can't even imagine working on 10 and not even being one yet! Eleanor never got a diaper rash or anything from teething, so I don't know how to help there... just lots of frozen teethers! I hope they come out fast!

Jake and Amy said...

I feel ya! Sari has been horrible with her teeth...we're working on the 4th one now and I'm about ready to cut it out myself! I don't remember Sayer ever being this bad with teething-but maybe I just blocked it out :) Good luck with those darn things...hope Boston feels better soon!

Becki R said...

Hopefully you can laugh about it someday? Poor guy--let me know if you need a break sometime during Harvest and I'll watch the boys for you.

Anonymous said...

Laura, Obviously I don't have kids, but from things I've heard from my sister-n-laws, aunts, grandma's, and my mom frozen/cool things like those teething rings that you freeze work well. I hope it gets better. Good luck :)

Steph said...

LOVED the slipper comment. Totally agree that you just get to the point that it is worth whatever it takes to console them.