Thursday, September 2, 2010

July 2010

Geez, I should never get behind on blogging during the summer, there's just too many events that I can't leave out. Sad news though, my camera got stepped on at girls camp and I didn't get one till the end of August, so no pics from July or August, sorry!

July started out with a great 4th of July weekend, including our ward pancake breakfast, a matinee of Toy Story 3, and of course a few games of Phase 10, while we camped out for the Melaleuca Freedom Celebration. The fireworks were great, as always, and thank heavens for the double stroller when both boys were fast asleep by the end of the show.

The next weekend was the Campbell Family Reunion at Buffalo Campground in Island Park. We enjoyed camping, visiting with cousins, pulling the kids in the bike trailer around the campground, and my mom's wonderfully put together redition of "The Amazing Race!" We painted prayer rocks with the little kids and ate so much wonderful dutch oven food. My dad always says, "If you starve at the Campbell Reunion, its your own fault" because the food is always great!

We then came home to unpack and get ready for the Mike and Sheila VO Family Party. Doug and I were "in charge" of planning this year's activities and we had big plans of going camping to Jackson, but with two pregnant sister in laws, that's just gonna have to wait for another year. So we comprimised and planned a scavenger hunt for Tuesday night which included doing service, finding words, and gathering objects. Everyone seemed to have fun and then on Wednesday, most of us headed to Lava for the day to swim. They have some new slides since I've been there and it was great! That following weekend we headed to Island Park again to see a few shows at the Playmill Theatre. We saw Beauty and the Beast and Seven Brides for Seven Brothers. I had never seen Seven Brides and thought it was great! The cast there always does an amazing job and its always a fun experience.

The last two weekends brought 2 showers, one bridal shower for my friends Juliette from high school and a baby shower for my sister in law Lyndsey, who got decked out with tons of girly goodies. We had both of them in Mike and Sheila's yard and it was fun to catch up with old friends and watch them be showered with gifts!

And the most exciting part of July was the arrival of our nephew, Layne Michael VanOrden on the 27th. He is so sweet and he loves cuddling with aunt Lar. We are so glad to have little Layne in our big family!

Ooo, and before I forget... My friend Misti and I were invited to be the judges for the county fair's 4-H Style Review. We got to watch all the kids model the clothes they had sewn and it was too fun. Being a judge is hard...

Well, thats it for July!

No comments: