Thursday, September 2, 2010

August 2010

August came and went and I don't even think we blinked...

Along with August came the shocking and sad news that my dear Aunt Sandy passed away. We had no idea it was coming and our hearts broke when we heard the news. We didn't get to say goodbye to this wonderful lady who was so supportive and giving, and lived to serve those around her. The weekend before she passed, she had spent working in my Grandpa's yard and running his errands. The seashells magnets on my fridge are worth so much more to me than they ever were before. I already miss her so much and have a hard time believeing she is gone. We will miss her Aunt Sandy hugs and her "sure do love you"s. It was hard to say a belated goodbye, but knowing she was welcomed by Grandma Tyler and Uncle Stu made it easier to say goodbye. I will post her obituary in another post. Along with our sad news, the same day came the news that Jeff and Lyndsey's baby Emma May had arrived, and four weeks early! We have waited years for them to have this baby and she is so beautiful and also loves to cuddle with her Aunt Lar.

Now, I couldn't post about August without saying thanks to my awesome second mom Sheila, who helped me with the boys, while I had the honor of making funeral arrangements for Aunt Sandy. She had a crazy week with two new grandbabies and yet she still bent over backwards to help me with my kids. Thank you so much!

We also said goodbye to sweet little Aunt Myrtle, who turned 100 in June. Myrtle was a sister to my great grandma Ardela Parkinson (my grandma campbell's mom). We were honored to be asked to sing at both funerals.

The rest of August was busy with grain harvest (which they finished up today) and lots of wedding receptions, birthday parties for friends and of course I can't go without mentioning that my brother in law Pablo finally made it to the states! It made me smile to see them together again! They have been to patient and we're so glad they get to finally be together after 8 months of newlyweds apart from eachother. We had a fabulous belated Birthday Party for Pablo and its fun to have him here. Everything is so exciting to him, its fun to watch!

Keep watching for an update on the boys soon!

1 comment:

Becki R said...

I dreamed about Aunt Sandy last night--still miss her so much!