Thursday, September 2, 2010

June 2010


Okay, I'm gonna have to take this a month at a time, or I might never catch up. Let's go back to June. June was busy. Crazy busy! The month consisted of three fabulous events: Keralyn's baby shower, Relay for Life, and Girls Camp. And a few other fun days, including a train ride from Blackfoot to Shelley on the Life Saver Train with some of Blake's friends, and Aunt Myrtle's 100th Birthday Party. Betcha never been to one of those huh?


Relay for Life was the weekend before Girls Camp, so that week was pretty much mure chaos. But oh so fun. Who wouldn't want to stay out all night with your friends, walking, playing games (my mom and I's teams teamed up and won the Quest game at Relay), and chatting, all while raising money for such a wonderful cause. This year, I relayed for my Grandpa Campbell and Uncle Jed, who are both fighting cancer right now. My team raised about $1500 and the Bingham County total was over $100,000! Year after year, we'll keep Relaying for Life, until they find a cure.


As for Girls Camp, a little stressful, I won't lie. But I had a wonderful assistant, Marci, and the YW Presidency was great to help with whatever they could. The theme was "Stand Strong and of a Good Courage." We camped at Pasa la Coma and took 12 girls to camp with us. The stake had us going every minute we were there, so we got to do lots of great activites, and then stayed up late to enjoy eachother's company and the outdoors. We did an amazing activity called the Lifeline. Going into it, I knew it would be a ropes course, but I had no idea it would be such a spiritual experience. After I went through the lifeline, I was able to be a leader and help our girls and the other leaders from our ward go through the lifeline. I won't give it all away, in case you get to go through the Lifeline sometime when you're at girl's camp, but know it was by far the coolest thing I've ever done at a girls's camp. It put my life in perspective and has taught me to keep those things that are most important to me close to my heart.


What a busy, but great month!

No comments: