Thursday, November 12, 2009

Baby Update

Went to the dr. today... and here is a little TMI for those that care:

Belly still measures 35 cm, but it seems to be growing in every direction as far as i'm concerned. I lost 2/10 of a pound this week, so my weight gain total is still at 17 pounds. My dr. predicted this would happen... he said months ago that i probably wouldn't gain much weight the last month, due to there being no room for food, and its very true. In fact, i'm wondering where exactly my stomach is right now? Hmmm....

Baby's heart rate was 147 ish, if i remember right. He is definetly head down and i'm dialated 2 cm. In two days (Saturday) i'll be 39 weeks, man time flies. Seems like just yesterday we told our families we were expecting!

Anyways, now down to business: the plan. We have scheduled to be induced Tuesday, the 24th, thats 3 days past my due date and just in time to check out of the hospital for the Thanksgiving holiday. That is, unless he chooses to come on his own before the 24th. I'm having mixed feelings about whether i want him to come before that or not. Doug has a crazy week at school next week and so i'm actually crossing my fingers that Boston will wait until his dad can get a big presentation and 2 exams out of the way first. Doug's already explained his class schedule to my belly (in plenty of detail) so we'll see how well this little one obeys right?

By the way, back/hip pain has gone away and i've been sleeping much better lately. (knock on wood, right?) Feeling great and trying to enjoy as much one on one time with Blake before i have to share my time with 2 boys. I better run, gotta get a few last minute things done, i'm hosting Girls Night tonight at my house! We're having a holiday feast recipe swap, so i'll pass along the best of the best recipes i try out tonight!

2 comments:

Whitney & Charlie said...

Uh oh, sometimes feeling better is a sign of the baby coming soon! Atleast that's what happened with me! Good luck with the new baby, I hope he obeys so things will be a little easier!

Cat said...

I had Jacob on Black Friday and it was awesome! Hope he comes when you want! Good luck.