Saturday, November 7, 2009

And my mom thinks I'm weird?

So my mom is always making fun of me because I seem to have a song for everything. Well, this morning I was up at 4 a.m., taking a hot bath to relieve some miserable back pain and I get back in bed and asked Doug if he would put some icy hot on my back. Although he was hardly awake (pretty sure he hadn't opened his eyes yet), I told him sorry I had to wake him in the middle of the night. He suddenly bursts out in song "We're all in this together...." from High School Musical! I was laughing so hard, cause he was singing it just like they do in the movie. I'm not even sure if he realized he was singing, cause he was totally asleep again two minutes later. I might break out in song somtimes, but never in the middle of the night!

By the way, the bath/icy hot combo must have worked because I got back to sleep by 5 and slept for 2 1/2 hours! I really don't mean to whine, but I think I would rather be up in the night with a newborn than deal with this back/hip pain that seems to come from sleeping on my sides.

Speaking of baby, at my Dr. appt on Thursday, Doc says baby has dropped a little (which makes sense why this back/hip pain has recently come about) and is definetly head down. I've gained 17 pounds so far, and my belly was still 35 cm. Dr. says thats because he's dropped some, and didn't seem concerned at all. We don't plan on inducing to get him here early, so unless he comes early on his own, we probably won't meet him until at least his due date. I'm 38 weeks today, thats 14 days to go! Wahoo! The three of us can't wait to meet this little guy!

4 comments:

Heather Sellers said...

hahaha!! thats amazing! that made me laugh so hard!

i'm sorry about your back pain! let us know if you need anything

Becki R said...

I think that Doug was just trying to tell you that you are all in this whole "being pregnant" thing together...right?
PS Here is that blog I told you about. My friend Katy that takes pictures. http://wilsonmadness.blogspot.com/

Tari said...

Yay! He's almost here! Good luck with dealing with your back/hip pain, as well as delirious husbands in the middle of the night :)

'T' said...

too funny.