Wednesday, May 12, 2010

March 2010

March consisted of only a few things, but oddly enough took up a large amount of time. I was on the Blackfoot Jr. Miss committee again this year and was in charge of the Self Expression routine (not just me, my friend Misti helped choreograph it too) and Ticket Sales, along with a bunch of other last minute things that seemed to come up. I helped the girls at their early a.m. practices, Monday- Thursday from 6- 7 a.m. They also put together a "Jr. Mister" competition this year, which Doug and I attended and helped a little with, and a "Little Miss Day Camp." The theme was "The Streets of Italy" and the program took place on April 10th. It was great group of girls and they all worked hard. I always enjoy getting to know the girls and not only working with them, but having fun with them, as well as the other committee members. Here's a group shot of the girls:



And I couldn't talk about March, without mentioning St. Patty's Day. That silly leprechaun turned our potty water and our milk green that morning and Blake couldn't stop talking about him all day. Our friends the Pearsons came over for a green dinner, which consisted of green wraps, green jigglers, green chip dip, green cupcakes and green frape! Yum! I'll admit, some food just isn't as appitizing when its colored green, but once you get over the food coloring, its just as yummy!




March also brought the 2nd Ward Pine Wood Derby, hosted by the Elder's Quorum. This is when I learned that there are callings in the church that you aren't set apart for. My calling was "Elder's Quorum President's Wife" and my duties consisted of making sure everyone had invites, a food assignment, and putting together the main course: BBQ pulled pork sandwiches. Don't worry, I had the meat catered. :) Anyway, we had almost 60 people there and everyone seemed to have a good time, especially those there to race their cars. Doug's car didn't get put together until the night before and then he ended up dropping out after the first round anyway, so another car could take his spot. That's okay... there's always next year!


Doug and I also celebrated our 4th Anniversary on the 31st of March. Boy, time flies when you're having kids, remodeling a house, going to school, working on the farm and having fun! Becki watched the boys for us the weekend before and we got to go out to dinner and then headed down to Lava Hot Springs to sit in the hot tubs to celebrate. It was a great date and I think we both enjoyed a few hours without the kids!

No comments: