Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Living Room Remodel

For the 3rd year in a row, the day after Chirstmas consisted of taking down Christmas decor and getting ready for another remodeling project. This time (the last time for this house) it was the living room, finally! Our poor living room had these not so beauiful wood floors, dinged up walls trim and mis matching doors. We installed the last few doors and textured and painted the walls. We had the new floors installed just after New Year's and then Doug finished up the trim work and we touched up and moved back into the living room.
I picked up that beautiful window pane "The Secret to having it all, is believing that you already do" at Traditions in Rigby (love love love Traditions) and found this cute fabric up in I.F. to put together some pillows. Don't worry, I didn't piece it together, it came looking like that. :) I still need to get some curtains hemmed and convince Doug to hang up a sign that I made at Super Saturday, but for now, here's the latest pics of the living room. (And yes, I did pick upws2x all the toys and cleaned up before taking pics, there's no way my house is this clean on any given day!) Do you love the new floors? I do!

2 comments:

Campbell Family said...

so cute, Lar! What color are you going to paint it next year? :)You have great taste!

Tari said...

It looks great! I'm definitely not good at decorating/remodeling. I get ideas I like but can never find the pieces I want and so I never like my efforts all that much! But I really like that quote. I might have to use it somewhere in my house! :)