Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Let's Back Up a Little...

Boy, when you let your blog go for almost 4 months, it almost seems impossible to catch up. I thought about just skipping the last few months and picking up starting today, but then I'd miss blogging about a whole slew of events! Let's back up to January.



Boston Morgan VanOrden was given a name and a blessing on January 3, 2010 by his father, Doug, in the Blackfoot 2nd Ward. His unlces, grandpas and great grandpa all stood in the circle. He was given a beautiful blessing and looked so handsome. After church, we had a nice family dinner out at my parent's house to celebrate Boston's day. Boston started smiling when he was about 6 weeks old and hasn't stopped yet. He has such a sweet spirit and is such a calm baby. We are so blessed to have little Boston in our family.


January and February also consisted of a little thing we like to call Church Ball. Doug put his counselor Chad in charge of getting our ward's team together and mentioned "if you can't find enough players, call me and I could probably come." Well, putting a team together was a little harder than they thought it might be and Doug became a regular. Thursday nights after dinner, we would load up the boys and take them over to the stake center to watch a little church ball. Doug's comment after their first game: "I thought I was gonna puke!" and after the last "I know we lost, but that was fun tonight." I enjoyed watching Doug pretend to take the game seriously, so he wouldn't disappoint those that really were serious, and chatting with the other church ball wives. Sorry, no church ball pictures this year, maybe next winter.


And let's see... another big change in January. After 2 1/2 years, I was released as the Primary Chorister and they called me to be the Ward Choir Director. I wasn't extremely happy about the calling at first, but its not near as bad as I thought it would be. The only difference between the two callings is the level of music i'm conducting and my choir members listen to me and don't pick their noses while we're singing! We have a choir made up of 8ish faithful members and then there are those that read music well and practice with us once before we sing and help us sound beautiful. I attended a stake conducting class in April and I'm starting to feel like I know what I'm supposed to be doing. I'll learn from experience, right?

I'll post about the living room in another post, but I think that's it for January and February!

No comments: