Thursday, December 4, 2008

2 Remodeled Rooms!

I finally convinced Doug to hang up my pictures in my bedroom so i could take pictures to put on our blog. This monday we had our carpet installed and we have fallen in love.... with our new carpet! We are both enjoying having carpet in our bedroom, where their used to be hardwood floors. We textured, painted, replaced doors and closet doors and updated the trim in both our bedroom and Blake's old room upstairs, which is now the office. I did most of the painting and prep work and Doug installed the doors and did the trim work. We have learned a lot from just doing these two rooms that will help with the rest of the house and in future houses as well. Although being under construction can be stressful at times, we are always so happy with the finished product and are glad we learned how to do the project by ourselves. Here are a few pics of our updated rooms! For those of you who have been to my house before, you may notice that I got a new bedspread as well! :)

These are the new doors that we installed. They are about a million times better looking than the orange colored wood doors that were there before.


3 comments:

Steph said...

Oooh it look AWESOME! You guys pick out good stuff :)

Emily said...

Cute house! I love the colors that you've chosen.

Lyndsey VanOrden said...

I LOVE IT! It looks totally different! WOW!