Monday, August 31, 2009

Kinda Sorta, Not So Terrible 2's

Blake must have known that I was extremely frustrated with him. After lunch, I told him to go downstairs and put himself down for a nap. For the first time today, he actually listed to me... he turned and headed for the stairs and its been silent for the last hour and a half! He has redeemed himself! And for that, I have to post just a few of my recent favorites about this 2 year old...

1. His favorite movie is Narnia: the lion, the witch and the wardrobe. Not even kidding.

2. He will eat raisin bran or oatmeal over captain crunch any morning.

3. He can turn anything into a sword: most often its the vacuum extension.

4. When telling stories, he speaks in run on sentences that include every detail he can remember.

I can't believe the 2's are coming to the end, but he's so ready to be 3! I think the potty training has boosted his self esteem. He tells me all the time that he's a big boy, I just don't want to believe it...

4 comments:

Madison said...

Lar,

He is such a darling kid. You and Doug are awesome parents! I can't wait to meet the next one!

xoxx

Campbell Family said...

He's so handsome. I miss him. What a good little boy.

Jessica said...

ok, seriously, that made me sort of wispy! wow! it's crazy to think that he IS going to be a big boy! wow! you guys have done such an awesome job with him! i hope shane and i can be such good parents! and boy does boston have a great big brother waiting for him!!!!! i just love you guys!!

Fullmer said...

How stinkin cute Tyra and him would have a blast together!