Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Banana Nut Bread


Believe it or not, I made Banana Bread for the first time this week! I don't remember eating this a lot growing up, but its a regular at Sheila's house. I tried out the recipe she uses and it was easy. I used my mixer and used the wisk for all the ingredients, and then switched to the dough triangle when I added the flour. Here's the recipe:
3/4 cup margarine
2 1/4 cup sugar
3 eggs
3 bananas (ripe or bruised)
1/3 cup sour cream
1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 teaspoon salt
dash cinnamon
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
3 cups Flour
Mix ingredients and pour into bundt pan or 2 loaf pans that have been greased (pam) and sprinkled with sugar. Bake at 350 for 50 minutes or until done. Top will by medium brown and toothpick will come out clean. You can use small loaf pans as well, adjust the cooking time in half. Give it a try and tell me how yours turned out! Enjoy!

5 comments:

Becky said...

Toby just said that he loves banana bread and I said "well I'll copy off the recipe and make some!"
He followed that by saying: "No I'll just go steal some from Laura!"
...I printed off your recipe... so you don't need to worry about some weirdo coming to steal yours!!haha

Hailey said...

I'm so glad you found our blog! You guys look great, & of course Blake is ADORABLE! I love the post of the new pics you had taken' of him! I love his dark hair. I wouldn't have guessed you two to have such a dark boy! He is a doll! Me & my sis kendall own a daycare in town called Tiny Fingesr, Tiny toes. It's a smaller daycare, but lots of fun! I'm adding you to my blog list! Keep in touch!

Becki R said...

I think I am going to try this recipe...only Mom just said she thinks it is the same one she uses. Whatever. I am sure mine will be just as good!

Alysia Cook said...

Can't wait to try it!!! Thanks!!

Arynne said...

How do you know about my blog and I just found yours? How are things??