Saturday, February 7, 2009

Man, they're getting old.....

This week my mom, Cindy and Doug's dad, Mike both had birthdays. We were totally kidding about them being old, they are both young, vibrant, and make great grandmas and grandpas.
My dad and I planned a surprise birthday party for mom since she turned 50. Shhhh! Don't tell her I posted her age online. She was totally surprsied (since everyone parked at the neighbors and trudged through the snow to get to our house) and we had lots of her friends and neighbors over to have cake and ice cream! Thanks to Tim and Abby for your help, too! Mom's birthday was actually the day after her party, and she and dad had plans to go watch SR wrestle Blackfoot. We went too and got to see some good matches. We also had our friend Ryan, the announcer wish Mom a Happy 50th Birthday over the mic! It's very hard to embarrass my mom. She just waved to the crowd like a beauty queen when they said it was her birthday! And then last night we got to go to dinner with Mom and Dad and Tim and Abby. (For some reason, turning 50 requires a 3 day celebration.) Here's why my mom rocks:

1. She loves all her extended family very much, especially the grandkids. She always knows whats going on with all her neices and nephews their families as well!

2. She always helps me when I ask! (And I always ask for help when I'm painting)

3. She used to take me and my friends toilet papering before I had my license.

4. She helps me accomplish any sewing project I have at hand. And usually let me make my sewing mess at her house too. :)

5. She's a great babysitter... and for free too!

Love you Mom! Happy Birthday!

Mike turns, well lets just say he's slighty older than my mom, and we get to celebrate his birthday tonight at dinner and then tomorrow for dessert! Blake always loves being around Grandpa VanOrden! Here's why we all love Mike!

1.He always gives good gifts, especially to Blake. He even gives gifts when there is no occasion.

2.He is a good boss and forgives Laura's tardiness on a regular basis.

3.He has a hidden sense of humor that most don't get to see, but we get to enjoy often!

4.He spoils his daughter-in-laws because he never had daughters.

5.He has lots to teach us about life, the gospel, and raising a family.

Happy Birthday Dad! We love you!

6 comments:

Campbell Family said...

What a nice post. Wish we could have been there this week!

Kurt and Kristy said...

Oh my gosh I love your mom!! She definitely doesnt act or look 50!! What a great post!!

Natalie said...

I don't really know Doug's dad so I can only say Happy Birthday to him. But I love your mom! She always made me feel comfortable in her home and has always been so easy-going and fun. Happy Birthday Cindy!

Becki R said...

It sounds like 3 day celebrations are the best! I can just picture Mom waving to the crowds at the wresting...good thing she didn´t do anything worse!

Katie Evans said...

I like your post. Even though Mike is my uncle, I don't know him as much as I wish I did. I do know that you are lucky to have him for a father-in-law. (From everything I know about you, Mike is lucky to have YOU for a daughter-in-law!)

Cat said...

Okay, found your blog threw another blog, etc. etc. Your mom is always good about caring what is happening with everyone and their families.