Wednesday, September 3, 2008

September is Here Already?

Our family is struggling with the fact that summer is pretty much over- we actually had to turn on the furnace last night. No more sleeping with the windows open when there is frost on your windsheild! There is one thing that helps us say goodbye to summer and hello to autumn, and that is the Easter Idaho State Fair! Not everyone loves the fair, but for Doug and I, it just might be the highlight of September!
Blake and I went to the parade on Saturday morning to see my cute Blackfoot Jr. Miss girls and then we went home (to change into shorts- it was so hot) and went to the fair with Doug, Mom and Becki. We saw about everything there is to see and ate almost all of my favorite fair food. Blake enjoyed seeing the big animals and his balloon at the fair and also loved the parade with all the fire trucks and the awesome people just walking around handing him candy.
We are headed back this weekend to go to the Demolition Derby- who doesn't love loud noises and watching old cars ram into each other... and to eat some more yummy food! I can't let the fair pass by without eating a Tiger Ear.... and a cheesecake on a stick, and a teriyaki bowl, and ice cream, and frozen lemonade... oh i could go on and on! Anyways- Happy Fair Week- its practically a holiday at our house!

Laura and Blake at the parade

Its not the fair without a balloon and a Culligan hat.

Had to take a picture with this huge horse to show Jackson!

4 comments:

Ashton said...

oh my heck Laura... you look so stinkin cute in that picture... and so does Blake! haha :) You guys look great! I love the fair, too! I make a trip all the way home just to go for one night! I am addicted to the fair food as well! It's just SOOOO good!

Becki R said...

Cute pictures--I love how Blake is STILL holding that silly balloon in the picture with the horse! That kid kills me!

Steph said...

It's a holiday at our house too :)

Alysia Cook said...

Sounds like fun!!! Every year I dread the fair but I always have fun when I go. Gotta love the food!!!