Monday, September 22, 2008

For some reason...

This morning our family woke up to the news that Wayne Richards, long time DJ for KLCE Classy 97, passed away last night. For some reason, this news was very hard to take and I am still so shocked. Because my car doesn't have a CD player, I listed to KLCE quite often and even for hours at a time during harvest. I have never met Wayne, but as I was thinking about all the ways " I know him" and I have come to understand why I will miss him. When I was little it was his voice that would tell me that school was cancelled due to a snow storm. And I have only heard his voice annouce about a million times that Odells is once again having another sale. :) But I think the one event that will change the most for me is the 4th of July fireworks. Wayne's amazing voice was an essential part of the freedom celebration and I will especially miss his voice next summer as we watch the fireworks.

Even though I did not know Wayne personally at all, I will miss his humble personality on the radio even morning. This man took a simple gift, his voice, and his talent to know what to say and when to say it. His voice will forever be remembered in this Southeast Idaho community.

2 comments:

Steph said...

I felt the exact same way. It's weird to feel so connected so someone I had never met!

lindseylikes said...

Hry Laura, It Lindsey Likes (Doug's cousin) I know how you feel about Wayne. I know him really well. I grew up in the same Stake as him and I use to do all the Stake dances with him. He is a wonderful and HUmble man and is truly missed. You would have loved him!