Saturday, July 5, 2008

4th of July

I must admit that the 4th of July just might be my favorite holiday.... We don't have to buy gifts, wrap them, drive on snowy roads or anything like that to enjoy the 4th!

Yesterday was a beautiful day and we started it out with our ward breakfast at the church. Mom, Dad, and Becki came with Blake and I while Doug did a little work on the farm. After breakfast Doug and I went to visit Aunt Myrtle. We had a great visit and we wnjoyed catching up with her. Aunt Myrtle turned 98 last week and is still going strong. It's fun to live in her ward and get to know her better.

We then headed up to I.F. and staked out our spot for the fireworks. It's not like our spot is secret (it was crowded for sure) but i must admit that i think its the best! We had lunch with the Campbell Family for Tim's birthday and then headed to see Wall-E, the movie. I slept through part of it, but i think Blake enjoyed it!

After a little shopping, we made our way to our nice patch of weeds that we had chosen to watch the fireworks from. Doug and I walked around the greenbelt towards the Liberty Festival, as they call it. There was a band playing, a few carival games and lots of yummy food- we enjoyed a funnel cake and shaved ice.

We enjoyed waiting for the fireworks with Shane Jessica, Curtis, Mom, Dad, Becki, and Sandy. Tim and Abby came to see the show as well. The fireworks were awesome and even bigger and better than last year! I forgot how much i loved fireworks! Blake got scared and had Doug cover his hears because he wasn't too sure about all the loud bangs. He fell asleep half way through the show, just like last year....

3 comments:

Campbell Family said...

So cute. I love my family! Miss you!

Alysia Cook said...

FUN, FUN, FUN!!!

olsen said...

Thanks girl! Yeah I'm doin alright! Joe will be back in 3 more days and I can't wait! The navy base here did a huge fireworks show but I didn't go to it...