Thursday, July 23, 2009

Baby Update 23 Weeks

I went to my 5 month check up this morning and thought i ought to update everyone of the little soccer player inside of me....

23 Weeks/5 months
Stomach Measures: 21 cm
Total Weight Gain: 4 pounds
Complaints: Heartburn, heatburn, heartburn...
Concerns: "I'm okay to go tanning, right?"

Doc says everything appears normal, and we scheduled the big ultrasound at the hospital for Monday. I'm excited to have another look, hopefully we can get a good picture or two this time. Its so weird to have so many ultrasounds, I only have two with Blake and this will be the fourth with this pregnancy. I guess all Dr.'s do things differently, and I don't mind taking a look at him again and again. Here's a few approximations from my favorite website, babycenter.com.

Height/Length: 11 inches
Weight: around 1 pound
They also say that he can hear loud noises (louder than my heart beat) and his lungs are developing, preparing to breathe on their own. I only feel him kick first thing in the morning and then again when i settle down at night. I assume i'm just too active during the day to notice. I don't feel "active" but i'm always ready to crash with Blake with he goes down for an afternoon nap. Let's just say i'm enjoying the peace and quiet before it disappears in a few months! :)

I'd post a belly shot, but i'd really rather wait until I look like I have a cantalope under my shirt. Right now it just looks like i have a bunch on butter attached to my front :( Hope you enjoy the update. If we get some good pics on Monday, i'll post them next week!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Laura, HI I found your blog hope that is okay?:) I wanted to say you and Doug have a beautiful family. Blake is getting big and is super cute. Congratulations on expecting a new little baby boy. That is very exciting. It looks like you guys have been really busy and have been having lots of fun. Hope you have a good rest of the summer. I agree that it takes convincing to be okay that summer is almost over. Take care!

Emily said...

Seriously.. 23 weeks and only 4 pounds??! You tiny lady! Fun summer activities and congrats on expecting another cute boy!