Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Blake's Prayer

We were saying our family prayers the other night before we tucked Blake in for bed and it was his turn to say prayers. It was my turn to help him, so I whispered and he started repeating... for the most part:

Laura: Please bless our little brother
Blake: Please bless our little brother (in his little innocent voice)
Laura: That he will grow healthy and strong
Blake: That he will grow healthy and strong, and that he will be a monkey...

Doug and I were busting up laughing, I couldn't control myself. Doug finally took over and helped Blake quickly end the prayer. He must watch Curious George to much, probably thinks a monkey would be a lot more fun than a baby! Gotta love this kid for making me laugh every day!

6 comments:

Heather Sellers said...

oh man! that's amazing! gotta love kids! that's so cute! haha!! thanks for sharing, me and thomas got a good laugh out of it!

Kylee said...

that is so stinking cute! I would have been laughing too! thats adorable!

Lyndsey VanOrden said...

When we heard this story I laughed and laughed...it was funny!

Katie Evans said...

That is too cute! How excting for you guys!! Congrats!

Lindsay said...

Thats pretty cute! Looks likes its been too long since I've checked your blog! Congratulations on the new little boy. I had no idea, but I'm way excited for your family!

Arynne said...

I'm laying in bed, it's late, everyone is asleep but me. I'm reading your blog on my iPhone; I read this post and laugh so loud I wake Michael up!!! This is hilarious! Congrats btw. When's our lunch date?:)