Friday, October 24, 2008

What now?

We lifted the last sugar beets on Tuesday afternoon and now that harvest is over, Blake and I are not quite sure what to do with ourselves. Blake and i made a huge batch of Grandma Tyler's Raisin Cookies this week and Blake is a big fan of cookie dough. This morning i asked him what he wanted for breakfast and he told me cookie dough! We have been trying to clean up the house after a few months of neglect and we are hoping to get back to normal life soon! This sunday is our ward's primary program and then we are looking forward to a huge Modbe party, Halloween and Election Day. I threw in a few random photos that i wanted to share too- hope you don't mind!
Here is our to do list for the next couple of months, in no particular order:

1. Finish the trim in Blake's downstairs room
2. Finish Blake's tractor quilt for his big bed

3. Move Blake's room downstairs

4. Tear out the den: trim, doors, carpet

5. Texture and paint the new den, trim work, carpet, doors, etc.
6. Paint the back entry way white and finish trim work

7. Sew a "masculine" church bag for Blake's chuch stuff

8. Move desk, chair, bookcase and whatever else into the new den!
Hopefully we can finish our to do list/honey do list before Doug starts his spring semester in January. Wish us luck!


2 comments:

Whitney & Charlie said...

I hate to-do list now because it feels like ours is never ending! Hope you can get everything done before he goes back to school, we know how hard that is!

Steph said...

Oh Blake is such a handsome little man. And I so wish I could come to the Modbe party...I could really use some new stuff. I might have to get online and take a look and order something. Also, I don't remember where I heard this, but don't you work from home typing up stuff for somebody? How did you get into that? I am hoping to find something along that lines soon. Hope things are going great!